If you’re having trouble accessing your Rockspace WiFi range extender because you’ve forgotten the password or because the default web URL http /re.rockspace.local isn’t working, resetting it to factory defaults should solve the issue.
Once consumers have finished setting up their new extender to widen the network, more than 90% of them never touch it again. One reason for this is because its proponents just don’t understand the point. They will only pay attention to their extender if it starts to behave in an odd manner or if it stops operating in the proper manner. In order to fix this issue, you must reset your Rockspace wireless range extender to its factory defaults. When dealing with this kind of unexpected technical issue, there is no other option. You don’t happen to know how to turn the Rockspace WiFi extender back on, do you? Gotcha! You will get acquainted with the process of resetting a WiFi range extender to factory settings if you only spend a little bit of time reading through our article. Off we go!
How to Reset Rockspace WiFi Extender?
Users have the choice between two methods for resetting the Rockspace WiFi range extender: the first is to click the button that is labelled “Reset,” and the second is to enter the user interface that has been setup.
Warning: It is highly suggested that a backup of the settings that are presently being utilised be generated before commencing the process of resetting the extender. Caution is advised before beginning the procedure. After the Rockspace extender has been reset, all that is required of you to do is restore the backup using this method. The process of installing your WiFi range extender won’t cause you any more hassle in the future.
Push Button to Reset Your Rock Space WiFi Extender
If you follow these procedures, you will be able to restore the Rock space WiFi extender to its initial condition and reset it to its factory settings:
- Rockspace recommends that you turn on your WiFi range extender before using it.
- Get a grip of a very little thing, but make sure it’s really pointy.
- Find the button on the extender that is titled “Factory Reset,” and click that button.
- After you have identified it, you need to continue to press and maintain your grasp on it.
- It would be very appreciated if you could be patient as the extender will resume by itself in a little time.
- During this time, you should not engage in any other activity in the background.
Congratulations, you’ve made it this far. After viewing the Rockspace extender reset process, the settings of your Rockspace WiFi range extender have been restored to their original, factory-default state. You may now perform Rockspace WiFi extender setup in accordance with any procedure that you want.
Reset Rock Space WiFi Extender via Web Interface
The Rock space range extender may be reset using the system’s default online user interface by following these steps:
- Plug in and switch on your Rockspace extender.
- Use an Ethernet cable to hard-wire your WiFi extender to your home network.
- Start your PC now.
- Launch your browser.
- After typing re.rockspace.local, tap Enter.
- Enter your login credentials on the extender’s login page.
For your information, if you are not sure about the details of your extender, you will find them in the Rock space WiFi extender manual.
- Use Log In to login.
- Visit the Settings page.
- Click “Factory Reset” thereafter.
- Here, a pop-up appears.
- Select “Yes” to confirm your recent action.
Congrats! You’ve reset Rockspace’s WiFi range extender. The extender reset to factory defaults successfully.
Now, tweak your extender’s settings to meet your needs. If you can’t reset the Rock space WiFi extender, see the manual.