Though selling your home will fetch you some money but it also needs you to put in some expenses. One of the biggest expenses involved in a real estate transaction is paying the fees or commission to the real estate agent. If you are a seller, then you will have to pay your agent as well as the buyer’s agent. So, the total commission falls in the bracket of 5% to 6% of the total sale price of your home. Isn’t this cost huge?
For example, if your home price is around $400,000 then you will have to pay as much as $24,000 in commissions if you pay a 6% commission to your realtor. Sometimes real estate companies offer reduced commission fees and lucrative deals and discounts to the home sellers, which helps them save some money. If you are looking for a company that aims to lower your expenses, then Ideal Agent is a perfect choice for you.
If you have heard the name and now you are intrigued to know more about them, then here we present to you all the details such as what is Ideal Agent and why it can be a good option for you. We will also know how they work, and what kind of discounts they provide, and we will also check Ideal Agent reviews online.
What is Ideal Agent?
Ideal Agent offers a free real estate service that allows you to connect with the agents in your local area. You will get a discounted real estate agent who will provide you with services. With Ideal Agent, you will be able to sell your home at the lowest commission fee such as just 2% of the sale price. You also need to know that you will have to pay the buyer’s agent. The buyer’s agent commission along with the 2% commission falls between 4.5% to 5.5%.
You ca skip the Listing agent commission using Flat Fee MLS listing services.
The company claims to hire agents in their network who are vetted, certified, and licensed. Ideal Agents work with realtors who are the top agents in the area. On average, the Ideal agents have more than 14 years of experience, conduct around 100 to 300 transactions every year, and have a 5-star rating as well.
Traditional Commission Fees
A traditional real estate agent commission is around 6%, which is a 50/50 split between the buyers and seller’s agents. Out of the 3%, the agent has to submit a part in the office, in a 50/50 or 90/10 split ratio. So, on average, the agent is only left with 1.5% of the whopping 6% commission. Some home sellers also offer their agents bonuses and incentives.
Selling with Ideal Agent
It is easy to find a listing agent, as per Ideal agent reviews.
- When you visit the Ideal Agent website, fill out a short online form.
- The form will ask you to include all information such as your home address, type of home, home price, timeframe for selling, etc.
- Then, enter personal details such as your contact number and email address.
- Ideal Agent will then confirm the authenticity of your information.
- As per your home selling goals, you get a qualified agent in your area.
- Ideal Agent also provides you with the contact information of the agent they matched you with.
- The agent contacts you via email, phone, or text.
- The agent matching service is free of cost. Though the agent you get will be a top realtor. You have an option not to work with that agent. You will then have to look for other agents and schedule interviews on your own. Other companies match you with several agents and you are allowed to pick one who you find the best.
If you interview the agent and they turn out to be a perfect match, then you can go ahead. You will get a full range of Realtor services such as:
- Comparative Market Analysis (CMA): A CMA allows you deep data which lists the prices for which the nearby homes with almost the same features were sold in your neighborhood. Using the data, you can set the listing price of your home.
- One-to-one meeting: The real agent meets you and discusses all the details such as the ideal sale timeline, your selling needs, etc.
- The agent will walk through your home and provide the best advice on how to advertise the best features of your home.
- The agent also helps you click professional photographs
- The basic job of the agent is to list your home on the MLS and other best real estate websites.
- The agent negotiates on your behalf and tries for the highest price.
- The agent still keeps supporting you will the end of the deal.
Buying with Ideal Agent
Ideal Agent provides most of the services to the sellers. You can use the chat feature to gather more information. They can help you match with a buyer’s agent in your area.
Ideal Agent Reviews
Here are the real Ideal Agent reviews available online:
- On Trustpilot, Ideal Agent gets a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars and has 1,420 reviews.
- On Google, Ideal Agent gets a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars and has 172 reviews.
Most of the Ideal Agent reviews are positive. The customers talked about the best professionals in the company. They were quickly able to sell the houses. The reviewers were also delighted due to the quick and responsive agents.
There are negative Ideal Agent reviews too. The customers have shared that some agents were not local experts. Some mentioned that they met agents who were new to the industry and had negligible experience. Many reviewers also noted that Ideal Agent bombards several emails on their id without any new information.
If you are looking for more ways to sell your home, here are other options for you that may work better than Ideal Agent.
Discount brokers charge a flat fee for their services and not a certain percentage of your home’s sale price. This saves a lot of money. However, the reduced fee means reduced services too. Houzeo is one of the finest choices ever. They allow maximum exposure, saving of realtor commission, high-tech features, fast changes to MLS listing, and more at affordable prices.
UpNest is another agent-matching service. As per Upnest reviews, you get to choose the best agent as per closed listings, location, etc. Their agents are also carefully vetted and work on average commission rates, Upnest reviews say. Homelight is another favorite of people. Homelight Reviews are also positive and the customers talked about the support and fast selling of their house.