You own a Netgear extender N300 and have been using it fairly until recent. But suddenly, it stopped working after you purchased and set up a brand new router. You were expecting to have a better signal as you have new WiFi access point, but the extender does not seem to be working now. You are unaware of what has happened suddenly. If you too are experiencing any such similar situation then this article is for you. We are here to get you covered on this and resolve the issue.
The primary reason for you to unable to access your Netgear extender is your new router. It is necessary to establish connection between the access point (which is new router) and the extender for it to work well. So, now that the WiFi access point is changed, you need to re-configure your Netgear extender as well. In this article, we are going to discuss about what needs to be done if you have installed a new router at your home. We will also be providing with deep insight into how to perform mywifiext setup for your Netgear extender N300 and gain access to the WiFi network of new router.
Pre-requisites to Connect Extender to Router
The first thing that you will need to be doing before starting the process is reset the Netgear extender. The resetting process will restore your Netgear extender N300 to the default factory settings. This will delete all your previously set data from the extender and now your Netgear extender is ready to be reconfigured to new settings, or to be precise, to connect to new router.
How to Reconfigure Netgear N300 Extender?
You can reconfigure your Netgear extender N300 either via WPS method or via web GUI which involves using the web address www.mywifiext.net. Let us walk you through the detailed process to reconfigure your Netgear N300 using both methods.
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS
This method of extender setup stands valid only for WPS-enabled routers. However, if your router’s wireless encryption is set to WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy), then you need to follow the next method to set your extender up. So, if your new router supports WPS, follow the below given steps.
- Locate the WPS button on your router. Press it for about five seconds. You will notice WPS LED blinking on your router.
- In the similar manner, locate the WPS button on your Netgear extender N300 and press for about same time.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Setup process is completed.
- Now, move your Netgear extender to an area preferably between the router and the areas with poor WiFi signal.
Netgear Extender Setup via Web GUI
To complete the Netgear extender setup process using this method, you need to do mywifiext.net login on your computer or smart phone. It is a local web address which is used to open the Netgear extender settings. Let us start the process.
- Connect Netgear Extender N300 to the router using a wired connection before starting the process.
- Now, using a computer or a smart phone, open a web browser wherein you need to enter the web address www.mywifiext.net to get into the settings of the extender. Hit Enter.
- Click on New Extender Setup button on the screen.
- Create a new account by filling in details as prompted.
- Post selecting the WiFi network of your router, click on Next button.
- Enter the password for the selected network and click on Next button.
- Set new name and password for your Netgear extender network.
- Place the extender at the required location and access the extender’s network.
Also Read: Lost Access to Internet While Using Netgear Extender
So, we got you covered on what should be done post installing a new router at home. We explained both the methods of reconfiguration of Netgear extender, which are the WPS method as well as web GUI method that involves logging in to www mywifiext net N300 wizard. To gain access to the newly set router’s WiFi network reconfigure your Netgear extender by simply following any of the above-mentioned methods.