The violation of Title IX guidelines can lead to serious consequences such as termination, suspension, and initiation of legal proceedings against you. Therefore, it is very important that you take the matter seriously and leave no stone unturned to prove your innocence. For that, one of the most important steps that you can take is to hire an experienced Title IX defense attorney. Every school or college has different policies concerning Title IX proceedings and these guidelines may prove to be quite complex for a layman. Hence, your attorney can help you not only understand the details but also point out the mistakes of the institution and the accused.
Benefits of hiring a Texas Title IX advisor:
- Help understand complex Title IX regulations: Title IX prohibits sexual discrimination in educational programs that receive federal financial help. However, there are various complex details involved in Title IX that cannot be comprehended easily. Hence, an experienced attorney will ensure that you get aware of your rights and understand the overall proceeding of the case.
- Help protect your right: Even when you have been accused of Title IX, you still enjoy certain rights that protect your privacy. You must also understand that if you are found guilty of Title IX, you may have to face serious consequences. However, your attorney will make sure that your rights are protected throughout the process.
- Understand the policies of your educational institute regarding Title IX: An experienced Title IX defense attorney is quite familiar with the processes involved in Title IX investigation and hence, he may carefully understand various stages of the proceedings and draft a plan to help you get justice.
- Act as a mediator: In most cases, your Title IX defense attorney may resolve the matter without the need for formal proceedings by giving a solution that is suitable to both the accuser and the accused.
- Maintain privacy: When you have been accused of Title IX violation, you may not feel emotionally stable and this may cause embarrassment to you. However, your attorney will handle such a situation on your behalf and protect your privacy.
- Cross-examine: If the matter goes for a hearing, your Title IX defense attorney will cross-examine the witness and the accuser efficiently so that if there is any kind of discrepancy in their statement, it comes out in front of everyone.
Hence, there are numerous benefits of hiring an experienced Title IX defense attorney as it makes a substantial difference to your case.