Last Updated on January 19, 2023 by Salman Khan
Without a doubt, QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software that saves its users a significant amount of time. However, there are a lot of problems that can make using QuickBooks challenging for users. QuickBooks Error 1328 is one of several errors that happens when a user attempts to install or update QuickBooks Desktop on a computer. In this piece, we’ll go over why QuickBooks Error 1328 arises and how to fix it as soon as possible.
You can contact QuickBooks pros for fast troubleshooting assistance by dialling our customer service number 888-704-1357.
What is the source of QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
If you get QuickBooks Update Error 1328 while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your system, your installation may be corrupted.
If you encounter QuickBooks Update Error 1328 while updating QuickBooks Desktop, your QuickBooks software may have become corrupted for unknown reasons.
Related article: This Company File Needs to be updated QuickBooks 2023
What steps should you take to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328?
For both of the scenarios listed above, the best solution to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328 is to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on your machine using the clean install tool.
Before we get to the solution, let’s go over some of the actions you’ll need to take:
- To begin, download the installation file for your QuickBooks version on your machine.
- Make a note of the Product and License numbers so that you may re-enter QuickBooks after it has been uninstalled from the system. To obtain the Product and License numbers, hit the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Make a note of the year and version of your product.
- To obtain all of the following information, simply navigate to your account administration portal.
We’ve outlined the complete step-by-step approach for successfully reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop using a clean install on your PC below:
1) Remove QuickBooks Desktop
- First, launch the Windows Start menu.
- Open Control Panel by typing it into the search field.
- Click on Programs and Features in the Control Panel, then select Uninstall a Program.
- Locate and select your QuickBooks Desktop version from the list of software.
- Now, pick Remove from the Uninstall/Change menu.
- Finally, click Next to complete the QuickBooks Desktop removal.
Step 2) Set up QuickBooks on your computer.
- Launch the QuickBooks installation file you downloaded (QuickBooks.exe.)
- You must follow the instructions displayed on your computer’s screen.
- Accept the software licencing agreement and then click the Next button after following the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the Product and License numbers. Then, press the Next button.
Step 3) Select the appropriate installation type
QuickBooks allows you to choose whatever installation type is best for you. You can select from the following installation options:
- Installing quickly:
If you’re a first-time user who will only use QuickBooks on one computer, you should opt with an express install.
- Customization and networking
If you’re installing QuickBooks somewhere other than the default location and setting up a multi-user network, you should go with the custom and network install options.
Following the selection of an install type, you must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the QuickBooks Desktop installation. After the installation is complete, launch QuickBooks.
Related article: QuickBooks Error ol-222
Select the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option from the Help menu.
Follow the on-screen steps to verify your information.
Step 4) Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
We hope that by following the procedures in this guide, you will be able to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop and resolve QuickBooks Error 1328. If the error persists, call our customer service hotline at 888-704-1357 to speak with a QuickBooks expert.