Understanding the technicalities of the DNS sponsorship program is a good idea for modern-day candidates so that they can have a good demand in the world of marine engineering. DNS very well is the acronym for diploma in nautical science sponsorship which is a one-year residential diploma course that will be ultimately leading to three years of BSc in nautical science. Candidates also need to undergo 18 months of sea service which will be leading to a second mate for an ongoing certificate of competency awarded by the Ministry of shipping government of India which will be enabling the candidates to become navigating officers of the board. In this particular case, people will be able to serve the merchant ships anywhere in the entire world because the course has been specifically designed with the motive of covering all the topics associated with the DNS industry.
With the help of this particular specific course, people will be able to understand things in a very well-planned manner and further will be able to include the study of topics like navigation, cargo operations, ship maintenance and other associated things both theoretically and practically. Hence, developing a good understanding of the practical aspects of nautical technology in this particular course is very much important and people day to note down that sponsorship is very much mandatory for this particular course. The eligibility criteria associated with a DNS sponsorship program have been very well explained as follows:
Candidates need to clear +2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics and English or any equivalent examination with separate subjects as a PCM with no average less than 60%.
Candidates need to cover BSC in physics, chemistry, mathematics or electronics with physics as the individual subject in one of the years and the average should not be less than 50% marks in the final year
Candidates need to go for a bachelor of engineering or bachelor of technology degree from IIT or any other kind of college which is very well recognised by AICTE with the average of not less than 50% marks in the final year
AnThe candidates must have obtained 50% marks in the English language at the 10th or +2 standard or in the degree course conducted by the recognised board or any kind of university
- In this particular case, candidates need to go for clearing of the bachelor of science in nautical science and there should not be any kind of evidence of the morbid condition of any eye or any kind of eyelid due to which there might be different types of risks of aggravation or recurrence.
- In this particular case, people need to have a good understanding of the working of the binocular vision so that movement of the eyeball will be understood very easily in all directions and further the reaction will be normally as per the light and accommodation. Distance vision should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the other eye. Normal vision should be tested by the ISHIHARA test chart. People need to have a good understanding of this particular technical point so that there is no chance of any kind of problem at any point of time in the whole process.
- There will be a relaxation of approximately 5% in the eligibility march for the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates but there will be no relaxation in the English language marks.
- The minimum age in this particular case will be 17 years and the maximum age will be 25 years. In the cases of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates, the maximum age relaxation will be for five years.
- The candidate should be medically fit as per the standards which have been set by the MS medical examination rules year 2000.
Following are some of the very basic things which people need to know about admission to the DNS courses:
First of all, people to appear in the Indian Maritime University common entrance examination which will be the examination that will be taking place throughout the nation. The duration of this particular paper will be of three hours and it will be consisting of 200 MCQ format questions which will be divided into sections of maths, chemistry, aptitude, GK, physics and English. There will be no negative marking in this case and there will always be a chance of changing the pattern in the future. So, candidates need to have a good hold over the technicalities associated with this particular examination so that they can clear it in the very first attempt without any kind of problem.
After this, people need to select the best possible type of college depending on the sponsorship-related technicalities so that everyone will be able to remain very much vigilant in the whole process and ultimately will be able to deal with things with efficiency. Obtaining the sponsorship is directly associated with clearing the online test and the psychometric test will be followed by the interview as well as medical ground for that particular shipping company. So, in this particular case, people need to have a good understanding of things without any kind of issues and ultimately will be able to clarify the examination in the very first attempt.
Normally people have a very huge misconception that sponsorship is the guarantee of the job but actually, this is never related to the payment of the education. The fees and other necessary technicalities have to be undertaken by the candidate only but the good news in this particular case is that people can also apply for an educational loan which can be easily obtained from any kind of bank explaining that the DNS program will be eventually leading to the bachelors of science nautical science degree. So, this particular aspect will be helpful in providing people with access to a very bright future in combination with the approach of undertaking higher studies very easily. Hence, selecting the best company for DNS sponsorship is considered to be a good idea so that things are sorted out right from the very beginning and ultimately people will be able to carry out the things with proficiency.